Gabriele Columbro added a comment - 21/Mar/16 2:12 PM https://symphonyoss.atlassian.net/browse/CONTRIB-3?focusedCommentId=10100&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-10100
- Gab to work with GS + Symphony to do initial cleanup of license and package names
- GS + Symphony filing the appropriate legal documetns
- Open sourcing
- Merge work will happen in the open
- First release in the open
Gabriele Columbro added a comment - 30/Mar/16 9:00 AM https://symphonyoss.atlassian.net/browse/CONTRIB-3?focusedCommentId=10200&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-10200
- Starting this week: Starting from the Symphony DEV branch, Gareth + Team will start working on:
the basic code changes required for initial open sourcing, namely package name, license headers
minor Maven modularization, e.g. extract Symphony and GS specific folders in separate modules
Basic README.MD, starting from internal GS docs on dashNative.
Investigation and removal of GS specific functionalities
We’ll touch base next Monday to evaluate progress, I’ll send invites.
- Legally wise, In parallel, we’ll get ICLA/CCLA signed for everyone mentioned here.
- The target is to open source by mid / end of April. Can you let me know now if this does indeed sound not feasible?
- Once the project is open source, the team can address more strategic activities like:
Merge of GS -> Symphony code bases
Committers Pow-how in Palo Alto to agree on further developments
- The target is to produce the first release in the open by July
Gabriele Columbro added a comment - 08/Mar/16 10:00 AM https://symphonyoss.atlassian.net/browse/CONTRIB-3?focusedCommentId=10000&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-10000
Hi, Bill / Rob,
are you guys going to follow up here. Here's a few next steps I had identified (pasting my email from 03/03):
Agree on the latest version of the code to submit. I understand there are multiple branches, so my suggestion would be use the code currently used by Symphony in Production and merge in whatever changes we need. This could happen once once Open Sourced (in which case you'll need to submit both branches for contribution) or before (in which case you'll contribute only the result). Your call, but can I ask the GS and Symphony Team to connect and iron out a shared proposal?
Do you want to seek for additional initial committers in the WG? I think it’ll be perfectly fair to keep the current list of initial committers and then organically add based on real interest/contributions. Your call.
Make sure your organizations are OK with signing the ICLA and CCLA (at point #2 and #3 of the Contribution Process) and start collecting those
Complete CONTRIB-3 Approval In Progress proposal