The Foundation's membership is composed of a diverse group of financial institutions, technology companies, and individuals that share a common goal of strengthening the Symphony platform and ecosystem.
Authority & Responsibilities
Members of the Foundation are eligible to:
- be nominated for positions on the Board of Directors
- participate in the governance of Foundation Projects and Working Groups
- propose new Projects and Working Groups
- vote in elections (within their respective tiers) for Directors and ESCo Advisors
- vote in elections for two (of five) ESCo Project Leads (Platinum, Gold, and Silver Members only)
- attend the Foundation's annual Members' Meeting
Classes of Membership
The Foundation has four classes of membership, each with different qualifications, rights, and responsibilities:
- Platinum Members each have the right to appoint a single Platinum Director to the Foundation's Board of Directors. Platinum Members vote as a class to elect a Platinum ESCo Advisor. Platinum Members also participate in certain votes that other classes of membership do not, such as votes to set policies for other tiers of membership. Platinum Members' fees and responsibilities are described in the Platinum Member Policies.
- Gold Members are represented as a class by up to five Gold Directors on the Foundation's Board. Gold Members may nominate candidates for, and vote in, elections of Gold Directors. Gold Members vote as a class to elect a Gold ESCo Advisor. Gold Members' fees and responsibilities are described in the Gold Member Policies.
- Silver Members are represented as a class by one Silver Director on the Foundation's Board (provided that at least 10 Silver Members have joined the Foundation). Silver Members may nominate candidates for, and vote in, elections of Silver Directors. Silver Members vote as a class to elect a Silver ESCo Advisor. Silver Members' fees and responsibilities are described in the Silver Member Policies.
- At-Large Members are individual members of the Symphony community and do not pay fees. At-Large Members do not participate in any elections for Directors of the Board. At-Large Members vote as a class to elect an At-Large ESCo Advisor. The qualifications for At-Large Membership are described in the At-Large Member Policies.
Current Foundation Members
Here's a complete list of Member firms of the Symphony Software Foundation.
At Large Members
A up to date list of individuals is kept at At-Large Members.